01 January 2008

Happy New Years

HAPPY NEW YEARS!



Is it me, or did 2007 just go by in a flash? either way, 2008 is upon us starting with today.

Usually I don't make resolutions. I find it easier that you can't break what you don't keep. but for this year, I'm going to set some attainable and doable goals. Sop in no particular order, here are some of my resolutions for 2008:

Be Healthy - like every other person's new years resolution, losing weight is at the top of the list. I can certainly bet that there will be that huge influx of people for the 1st 2 months at the local gym. I guess I'll see how many people will frequent the gym @ 6:30am for the next little while as that's how committed in getting the workouts done 1st thing during the day.

I'm in pretty good shape now though it reaching that next level that could be the challenge (that and I've fallen expectedly by the wayside last December!). I should train for something like a race in the summer or a "vacation" that involves a trekking, climbing, hiking, pulling, pushing, rafting and cycling.

I figure my goal would be to start small and work in the 1st 10lbs for the next 6-8 weeks and go from there.

Marketing Marketing Marketing
- now that I've officially registered my photography company, I should get the word out even more and reach out beyond the referrals. Mind you, I don't mind the referrals as that has kept me busy in the past little while and kept my marketing costs fairly close to nil. That being said, I'm in the process of revamping my website and subdividing it between the personal/special project portfolio and wedding portfolio as well as ironing out the deliverables i.e. albums, prints etc. Which would then lead me to...

Get More Creative - yes photography is one medium of getting creative. But I would also like to further explore my designing, drawing and painting skills even more, somewhat akin to what I've done and been known for in the past. Don't be surprised if you see me toting a portable sketchbook sketching away at portraits and figures: 2 of my favorite subjects to draw prior to even taking up photography.

Budget Finances
- I will be the 1st to admit that I spent a little more than usual in 2007. This primarily had to do with me finally owning a brand new spanking place and paying the mortgage on my own. And what's a brand new place without furnishings or appliances?! let alone cable or internet? My thoughts exactly! Budgeting will be very important this year, especially if I need to focus on my welfare, business and leisure activities. Which then brings me to...

Travel Outside of Canada - I haven't traveled outside of Canada in over 4 years. The last 2 years I've vacationed within Canada such exploring the towns and sites of Brule, Grande Cache, Jasper, Banff, and Canmore, Alberta. And just last year, I visited Montreal, Vieux Quebec and Ottawa for the first (and certainly not the last) time. For this year there are talks of heading down to Vegas, Costa Rica and/or Spain. Just need to iron out some details and see who would be the parties involved. Given that I have limited vacation time @ work, and the summers are usually busy with numerous special events and weddings, I need to get on top of this right away as I would ideally travel during the 1st half of the year.

Read More Books - it's wasn't until the 4th quarter of 2007 that I started reading frequently. Guess I owe it to a lot of free time at work and downtime for photo shoots. As of late I've been reading biographies, reference books and non-fiction literature. If anyone knows of any good books I should check out, feel free to leave some comments below.

And so there it is: my Resolutions for 2008. Nothing too crazy or absurd. Hopefully what I've made here, won't be broken. Guess we'll find out together on how I'm doing throughout the year.

Here's to 2008!

No comments: