15 December 2007

Christmas List just got shorter

Huzzah! Christmas comes just a little early for me.. again!

Could it be a mere coincidence that my "early Christmas" coincides with Canon's End of the Year Double Rebate Offer? It was around this same time last year when I got my 30D and the double rebate.

This time around, I finally got the lens I wanted: the 24-70mm f/2.8. It literally took months of research and testing for me to settle on this lens in comparison to another highly recommended lens: the 24-105mm f/4. Additionally, I was debating whether or not I should've made this purchase from the states, seeing how we're almost at parity with the US dollar again. In the end, I ended it up buying the lens locally as I somewhat have a spot for local retailers. I also picked up a good wide angle lens in the 17-40mm f/4 just so I get a double rebate on both lenses. I am quite content on these 2 acquisitions.

I hope to put one or both of these lenses to a test tomorrow. Stay tuned for posted updates and results

No comments: